Vegan walnut and white bean dip
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 400g can cannellini or butter beans
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon to drizzle
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- flatbread or vegetable crudités, to serve (optional)
1 Toast the walnuts in a small dry frying pan over a medium heat for 2–3 min, then transfer all but 1tbsp to a food processor. Drain the beans, reserving 1tbsp liquid, and add both to the blender with the oil, garlic and lemon zest and juice. Blend until smooth. Season with freshly ground black pepper, then add most of the parsley and pulse a few times to combine.
2 Spoon the mixture into a serving dish, drizzle with oil and scatter over the reserved nuts and parsley.
3 Serve with flatbread or vegetable crudités.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.3g
–Saturated fat 1.5g
Dietary fibre 3.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.