Tangy lemon chicken with crispy sage potatoes
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 160g new potatoes, scrubbed (halved if large)
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons regular or lemon-infused olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 300g boneless, skinless chicken thighs (each sliced into 3-4 pieces)
- 1/2 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 cups chopped choy sum leaves and stalks (see tips)
- 1/4 cup shelled frozen edamame beans, thawed
- pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream (optional)
Total fat 29g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a dish with baking paper and place potatoes in. Spray with oil, toss and cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until skins are golden and insides are soft. Ten minutes before end of cooking, sprinkle sage over potatoes.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a pan add 1 tablespoon oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add garlic and chicken and cook, turning chicken, for 3-4 minutes until browned. Reduce heat to medium and add chicken stock, wine, lemon juice and half the zest. Let simmer for a further 5 minutes, then remove chicken and sauce from the pan and set aside.
- Return the same pan to a medium-high heat and add remaining oil. Stir-fry choy sum and edamame for 3-4 minutes, until just tender. Return chicken and sauce to pan and heat through.
- Serve chicken, sauce and greens with potatoes. Garnish with remaining zest, salt, generous amounts of freshly ground black pepper and sour cream, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and sour cream are gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use garlic-infused oil instead of garlic and a stock without onion or garlic.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $74. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (3.5 / 5)