Tangy lemon chicken with crispy sage potatoes
- 160g new potatoes, scrubbed (halved if large)
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons regular or lemon-infused olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 300g boneless, skinless chicken thighs (each sliced into 3-4 pieces)
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- ¼ cup white wine
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 cups chopped choy sum leaves and stalks (see tips)
- ¼ cup shelled frozen edamame beans, thawed
- pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a dish with baking paper and place potatoes in. Spray with oil, toss and cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until skins are golden and insides are soft. Ten minutes before end of cooking, sprinkle sage over potatoes.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a pan add 1 tablespoon oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add garlic and chicken and cook, turning chicken, for 3-4 minutes until browned. Reduce heat to medium and add chicken stock, wine, lemon juice and half the zest. Let simmer for a further 5 minutes, then remove chicken and sauce from the pan and set aside.
- Return the same pan to a medium-high heat and add remaining oil. Stir-fry choy sum and edamame for 3-4 minutes, until just tender. Return chicken and sauce to pan and heat through.
- Serve chicken, sauce and greens with potatoes. Garnish with remaining zest, salt, generous amounts of freshly ground black pepper and sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Check stock and sour cream are gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use garlic-infused oil instead of garlic and a stock without onion or garlic.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $74. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us