Thai red curry with seafood and noodles
- 200g thin rice noodles
- 300g peeled green prawns
- 300g cleaned squid, scored, sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, sliced
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free red curry paste
- ¹⁄³ cup light coconut milk
- ¹⁄³ cup reduced-salt gluten-free chicken stock
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, plus extra, thinly sliced, to garnish
- 1 bunch choy sum, trimmed, cut into 5cm-lengths
- 2 cups trimmed bean sprouts
- lime wedges, to serve
- coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
1 Place the rice noodles into a large heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover, then set the noodles aside to soak for 5 minutes. Drain well.
2 In a large wok heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over high. Stir-fry the prawns and squid, in batches, for 1–2 minutes, or until just cooked through. Remove the seafood from wok and set aside.
3 Return wok to high heat. Add onion and carrot, and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute more, or until fragrant. Add coconut milk, stock and kaffir lime, and simmer for 2 minutes. Add choy sum and half the bean sprouts. Simmer until leaves are just wilted.
4 Return seafood and noodles to wok, and toss until noodles are heated through and all the ingredients are coated in sauce. Serve garnished with remaining bean sprouts, lime wedges and coriander leaves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2.5g
Dietary fibre 5.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Prawns, shrimps recipes