Turkey and brown rice burrito bowl
- 500g lean turkey breast mince
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- ½-1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon no-added-salt tomato paste
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 200g green beans, trimmed, chopped
- 2 corn sweetcornXcobs, kernels removed
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 1 large courgette, diced
- 2 cups steamed brown rice, to serve
- ½ cup lactose-free plain yoghurt (or low-fat plain yoghurt if you're not following a low-FODMAP diet)
- chopped fresh red chilli and
- coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
1 Lightly spray a large saucepan with olive oil and set over high heat. Cook mince, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Add cumin, the paprika and the chilli flakes and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and ¼ cup water; bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2 Add beans, corn, capsicum and courgette to pan; cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender. Season with cracked black pepper.
3 Serve the turkey and vegetables on brown rice, topped with yoghurt, chilli and coriander.
Some brands of lactose-free yoghurt can contain inulin, which is high-FODMAP, so always check the label.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22.2g
–Saturated fat 6.8g
Dietary fibre 12.9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information