Turkey and brown rice burrito bowl
- 500g lean turkey breast mince
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- ½-1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon no-added-salt tomato paste
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 200g green beans, trimmed, chopped
- 2 corn sweetcornXcobs, kernels removed
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 1 large courgette, diced
- 2 cups steamed brown rice, to serve
- ½ cup lactose-free plain yoghurt (or low-fat plain yoghurt if you’re not following a low-FODMAP diet)
- chopped fresh red chilli and
- coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Lightly spray a large saucepan with olive oil and set over high heat. Cook mince, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Add cumin, the paprika and the chilli flakes and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and ¼ cup water; bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2 Add beans, corn, capsicum and courgette to pan; cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender. Season with cracked black pepper.
3 Serve the turkey and vegetables on brown rice, topped with yoghurt, chilli and coriander.
Some brands of lactose-free yoghurt can contain inulin, which is high-FODMAP, so always check the label.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22.2g
–Saturated fat 6.8g
Dietary fibre 12.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Low FODMAP recipes for IBS
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.