Healthy vegetarian pizza
- 2½ cups spelt flour, plus extra for rolling
- pinch salt
- 8g sachet dried yeast
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250g fresh beetrootbeetsX, finely grated and excess moisture squeezed using paper towel (see tips)
- spray oil
- ½ cup no-added-salt tomato paste
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, thinly sliced into small pieces
- ¹/³ cup pitted kalamata olives, drained
- ¾ cup grated mozzarella
- 2 cups baby rocketarugulaX, to serve
1 In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the centre. add yeast and sugar. Pour in water and oil and mix gently. Add beetroot, and continue to mix until dough sticks together.
2 On a lightly floured surface, place dough and knead for 3–4 minutes, or until smooth.
3 Lightly spray a clean bowl with oil. Place dough in bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a tea towel. Set aside in a warm place for 30–40 minutes, or until dough has doubled in size.
4 Preheat oven to 210°C. lightly grease two large pizza trays. Divide dough in half. Roll out each piece of dough until almost large enough to cover pizza tray. Lift dough on to pizza tray, and press to edges.
5 Spread tomato paste over both pizzas, in equal portions. Top with mushrooms, tomatoes, eggplant and olives. Scatter over cheese and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until golden. Cut pizza into wedges, top with rocket and serve.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information