Almond butter stir-fry
- 100g uncooked rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 ¼ cups (150g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced thinly
- handful broccolini, chopped into bite-size pieces (about 3 or 4 per stalk)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon white rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon brown miso paste
- 4–6 tablespoons almond milk
1 Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, then drain and rinse under cold water to stop them cooking further.
2 Meanwhile, put a pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of sesame oil. Once warm, add the chilli, mushrooms and red pepper and cook for 5–10 min until they’re soft. Add the broccoli and cook for a further 5 min.
3 Once the vegetables have softened, but still have some bite, add the almond butter, maple syrup, rice vinegar, tamari, miso and almond milk to the pan and stir, coating the vegetables and creating a simple sauce.
4 Let the vegetables simmer in the sauce for 1 min or so, warming it through, then stir through the drained noodles and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 2.1g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Almond butter recipes