Apple oatmeal in a mug
(at time of publication)
- 4 tablespoons quick-cook oatsoatmeal uncookedX (such as Uncle Toby’s Milk Oaties)
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons skim milk powder
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 apple, grated
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon demerara sugar or other dark sugar (optional)
1 In a very large microwave-safe mug, combine oats and water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
2 Stir in milk powder, raisins, and apple.
3 Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar (if using) over the top and serve.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves for an apple pie flavour.
- You can use sultanas, dried blackcurrants or cranberries instead of raisins.
- Make it dairy free: Replace milk powder with 1 tablespoon peanut butter.
- This recipe was made in a 1100W microwave, so cooking time will vary depending on the strength of your microwave. Increase or decrease cooking time by 10 seconds and check regularly.
- Soaking oatmeal overnight in warm water before cooking makes it more digestible.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information