Apple oatmeal in a mug
- 4 tablespoons quick-cook oatsoatmeal uncookedX (such as Uncle Toby’s Milk Oaties)
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons skim milk powder
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 apple, grated
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon demerara sugar or other dark sugar (optional)
1 In a very large microwave-safe mug, combine oats and water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
2 Stir in milk powder, raisins, and apple.
3 Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar (if using) over the top and serve.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves for an apple pie flavour.
- You can use sultanas, dried blackcurrants or cranberries instead of raisins.
- Make it dairy free: Replace milk powder with 1 tablespoon peanut butter.
- This recipe was made in a 1100W microwave, so cooking time will vary depending on the strength of your microwave. Increase or decrease cooking time by 10 seconds and check regularly.
- Soaking oatmeal overnight in warm water before cooking makes it more digestible.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like