BBQ chicken salad with zingy ginger dressing
- Zingy ginger dressing
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- reserved coriandercilantroX stalks (from salad, below), finely chopped
- ½ fresh chilli, minced
- ¼ cup water
- 400g skinless, boneless chicken breast, halved horizontally
- 4 spring onions, chopped in4cm lengths
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced lengthwise
- 2 red capsicums, quartered lengthwise, deseeded
- 1 tablespoon canola or sunflower oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes, red and yellow
- ½ fresh chilli, chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, stalks reserved (see dressing, above)
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls, to serve
1 Place soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, ginger, coriander stalks, chilli and water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Turn off heat and leave to cool. Place half of the dressing in a small jar in the fridge.
2 Pour the remaining dressing over chicken and cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until ready to cook.
3 Preheat barbecue. Place chicken on grill bars and cook each side for 2 minutes. Transfer to a clean chopping board.
4 Toss spring onions, courgettes and capsicums in oil. Barbecue for 5-7 minutes, turning regularly, until tender.
5 To serve slice chicken thinly and toss with vegetables, spinach, tomatoes, chilli, coriander and reserved dressing. Serve with bread rolls.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us