BBQ chicken salad with zingy ginger dressing
Time to make: 20 mins , plus 20 mins marinating
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Zingy ginger dressing
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- reserved coriandercilantroX stalks (from salad, below), finely chopped
- 1/2 fresh chilli, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 400g skinless, boneless chicken breast, halved horizontally
- 4 spring onions, chopped in4cm lengths
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced lengthwise
- 2 red capsicums, quartered lengthwise, deseeded
- 1 tablespoon canola or sunflower oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes, red and yellow
- 1/2 fresh chilli, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriandercilantroX, stalks reserved (see dressing, above)
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls, to serve
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Place soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, ginger, coriander stalks, chilli and water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Turn off heat and leave to cool. Place half of the dressing in a small jar in the fridge.
2 Pour the remaining dressing over chicken and cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until ready to cook.
3 Preheat barbecue. Place chicken on grill bars and cook each side for 2 minutes. Transfer to a clean chopping board.
4 Toss spring onions, courgettes and capsicums in oil. Barbecue for 5-7 minutes, turning regularly, until tender.
5 To serve slice chicken thinly and toss with vegetables, spinach, tomatoes, chilli, coriander and reserved dressing. Serve with bread rolls.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (4.5 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us