Salmon quinoa with yoghurt dressing
- 1 cup tricoloured quinoa, rinsed
- 400g mixed tomatoes, quartered or halved
- 2 x 150g packets hot smoked salmon, flaked
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup small mint leaves
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¹⁄³ cup bought Greek yoghurt, feta & dill salad dressing (or other gluten-free dressing of your choice)
- ¼ cup flaked almonds, toasted
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place quinoa and 3½ cups of water in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook, covered, for 12 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
2 Add the tomato, the salmon, parsley, mint, onion, dill, garlic, zest and juice to the quinoa; toss ingredients to combine.
3 Spoon the quinoa onto plates. Drizzle with the dressing and then sprinkle with almonds. Serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20.1g
–Saturated fat 3.5g
Dietary fibre 7.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.