Ben’s barbecue kebabs
Time to make: 20 mins , plus 1 hr marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- stainless steel or bamboo skewers (if using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes)
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 500g scotch fillet, fat trimmed or your favourite steak
- 2 red capsicums, diced
- 2 red onions, cut in bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut in bite-sized chunks
- 12 button mushrooms, halved
- 6 cups (220g) salad greens
- 6 large wholemeal pita breads
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 To make marinade, place marinade ingredients in a deep bowl and stir to mix.
2 Dice beef in thick cubes and add to marinade. Mix gently to coat meat then marinate in fridge for at least an hour.
3 Pierce meat and vegetables alternately, in their listed order, on skewers until skewers are full. Refrigerate prepared kebabs in a sealed container until ready to use.
4 Sear and cook skewers on the barbecue for 3 minutes each side (medium-rare) or until cooked to your liking.
5 Serve with grilled pita bread halves filled with salad greens.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Ben Bernstone (37, business coach)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us