Black bean tofu and noodle stir-fry
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 150g dried egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 450g firm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch bok choy, cut into 6cm lengths
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced, plus extra to serve
1 Combine black bean sauce and rice wine. Set aside. Cook egg noodles according to packet instructions. Drain. Keep warm.
2 Place cornflour on a large plate. Add tofu, gently tossing to coat. Heat oil in a large wok over high heat. Working in two batches, add tofu, shaking off excess cornflour, and cook for 3 minutes or until crispy and golden. Transfer to a plate.
3 Add celery, broccolini and 2 tablespoons water and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add capsicum and cook for 1 minute or until vegies are just tender. Add bok choy and spring onion and cook, stirring, for a further minute. Return tofu to wok, add reserved sauce mix and noodles. Stir to combine. Serve sprinkled with extra shallots.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14.5g
–Saturated fat 1.9g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.