Blackened salmon with sweet corn and bean salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Blackened spice rub
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 x 100g skinless salmon fillets
- 3 corn sweetcornXcobs, husked
- oil spray
- 2 x 400g cans kidney beans in spring water, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 large stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- lime halves, to serve
Total fat 29g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Combine all spice rub ingredients in a small bowl.
2 Preheat grill pan or barbecue hotplate to high. Coat salmon fillets evenly with spice rub.
3 Spray prepared salmon fillets and corn cobs with oil. Grill corn, turning, for 6-8 minutes or until tender and lightly charred. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly. Grill salmon for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked. Set blackened salmon aside.
4 Slice kernels from corn cobs with a sharp knife. Place kernels in a large salad bowl with kidney beans, spinach, celery, coriander, lime juice and olive oil. Toss well.
5 Divide salad among 4 plates, top each with a reserved salmon fillet and serve with half a lime.
Make it gluten-free: Check seasonings in spice rub are gluten free.
Spice rub also works well with grilled chicken.