Rice paper rolls with coriander pesto prawns
- 1 bunch coriandercilantroX, stalks and leaves separated
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons toasted cashews
- 1½ teaspoon tamari, separated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300g cooked, peeled and deveined prawns
- handful of fresh mint leaves, optional
- 1 large carrot, peeled, grated, or cut in thin juliennes
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, julienned
- ½ medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 100g mixed lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup toasted peanuts
- 12 rice paper rounds(22cm diameter)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 Place the coriander stalks (and about half of the leaves), garlic, the cashews, 1 teaspoon tamari, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce and olive oil in a food processor and blend to make a paste. Put 1 tablespoon of paste aside, toss the rest with prawns.
2 Arrange coriander leaves, mint leaves, cut vegies, lettuce and peanuts in bowls in the middle of the table along with prawns. Mix the remaining tablespoon of coriander pesto with 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce, ½ teaspoon tamari, the lime juice and 2 tablespoons water to make a dipping sauce. Allow everyone to ‘roll their own.’ Fill a wide, shallow bowl with lukewarm water. Dip 1 rice paper sheet into the water for 4–5 seconds only. Place on a plate and arrange the lettuce and vegies down the centre.
3 Top with prawns and herbs. Fold up the sides, and roll to enclose the filling. Serve rice paper rolls with dipping sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.5g
–Saturated fat 2.0g
Dietary fibre 6.1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.