Brown sugar banana galette
(at time of publication)
- 1 sheet reduced-fat puff pastry, thawed
- 2 small ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon icingfrostingX sugar
- 4 small scoops reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut 4 x 11cm circles from the pastry sheet. Place on prepared tray and prick all over with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Place banana slices on pastry circles leaving a 1cm border around the edge.
2 Combine orange zest and brown sugar. Sprinkle over banana. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until pastry is risen and golden and brown sugar melted. Sift over icing sugar and serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
Remember, a dish like this is an occasional treat rather than an everyday meal.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.