Bubble ‘n’ squeak
(at time of publication)
- 1kg potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 250g frozen peas, corn sweetcornXand carrots
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated reduced-fat cheese
- olive spray oil
1 Boil potatoes until tender. Drain. Mash roughly with spread.
2 Add vegetables to potatoes. Stir to combine. Mix in breadcrumbs and cheese.
3 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spray with oil. Shape into 6 patties and fry, in batches, until golden, turning halfway through. Serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.