Cajun salmon with garlic greens
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 4cm lengths
- 4 x 100g skinless salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- olive oil spray, and 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 4 cups coarsely chopped silver beet
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- cracked black pepper
- lemon wedges, to serve
Total fat 29g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 Steam or boil broccoli and beans for 2 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2 Sprinkle the salmon fillets with Cajun seasoning. Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate over high heat, and spray with oil. Grill the salmon for 2 minutes each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
3 Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and zest; cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add steamed veges and cannellini beans, cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the silver beet and cook, stirring, until just wilted. Add lemon juice to taste, and season with pepper.
4 Serve salmon on the warm veges with a wedge of lemon.
Make it gluten free: Check Cajun seasoning is gluten free.
Watch out! Cajun seasoning can be quite spicy, so adjust the amount you use according to taste.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us