Cheesy cauliflower with crumbled bacon
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut in florets (about 6 cups)
- 3 cups trim milk
- 3 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- oil spray
- 100g lean bacon, trimmed, chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Boil or microwave cauliflower until tender.
2 Combine 1/3 cup milk with cornflour in a bowl. Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add cornflour mixture and mustard. Cook until sauce thickens. Add cheese and cauliflower. Gently stir to combine. Season to taste. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 5-10 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, spray a small frying pan with oil. Cook bacon for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until crisp. Add spring onions and cook for 1 more minute. Remove cauliflower from oven and scatter with bacon mixture. Serve with rolls and a salad.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us