Cheesy pizza bun
- 1 large wholemeal bread roll
- 4 tablespoons canned crushed or chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 4 tablespoons grated cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped mushrooms
- 4 slices capsicum
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1 Cut bread roll open in half. Place on a microwave-safe plate with the open side up. Spread each half with tomatoes and sprinkle with oregano (if using).
2 Place 2 capsicum slices on each half. Add mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese.
3 Place the plate in microwave and zap it on full power for 45 seconds. If cheese is not melted, microwave it for 20 more seconds. Serve sprinkled with parsley if you like.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Instead of 1 bread roll, try 2 slices of grainy bread, 1 pita pocket, 1 naan bread or 1 tortilla wrap.
- Topping ideas: courgettes (sliced), broccoli (small florets), diced pineapple, canned/frozen corn kernels, olives, canned/frozen green peas (unflavoured), capers.
- For a meaty pizza, add a small can (95g) flavoured tuna or 100g diced cooked chicken breast.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us