Cherry, chia and oat crumble
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 680g jar pitted Morello cherries, drained, 1¼ cups juice reserved
- 1¹/³ cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or essence
- 2 tablespoons castor sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX
- ½ cup low-fat vanilla bean yoghurt,
- To serve
- Chia oat crumble
- ½ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons black chia seeds
- ¾ cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a large round baking dish.
2 Into the baking dish, place cherries and raspberries. Set aside.
3 Into a small saucepan, place 1 cup of the reserved cherry juice. Add vanilla extract and sugar, and bring to the boil over high.
4 In a small bowl, combine cornflour and the remaining reserved cherry juice. Add cornflour mixture to pan, whisking until smooth and combined. Return to the boil. Remove from heat. Pour the juice mixture over cherries and raspberries. Stir the berries to coat in the juices.
5 For the crumble, in a bowl, combine flour, sugar, chia seeds and oats. Rub in the spread with 1-2 tablespoons water until crumbs form. Stir in almonds. Scatter crumbs over berry filling.
6 Bake the crumble for 25-30 minutes, or until golden and warmed through. Serve with a drizzle of vanilla yoghurt.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (4.5 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us