Vegan cinnamon and nutmeg apple crumble
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- ⅔ cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ⅔ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- ¾ cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon reduced-fat dairy-free spread
- 2 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- zest of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Put the apples and 1/3 cup of the brown sugar in a pan with 3 tablespoons water. Cover and cook over a medium heat until soft. Spoon into 4 small ovenproof dishes or a 1 litre dish.
2 Combine the flour, oats and the remaining brown sugar in a bowl. Rub in the low-fat spread until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then stir through the remaining ingredients with 2 tablespoon water.
3 Top the apples with the crumble mixture and bake in the oven for 25 min until the top starts to brown. Serve hot.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 5.5g
Dietary fibre 6.7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.