Chicken and cranberry burgers
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon no-added-salt lemon pepper seasoning
- oil spray
- 4 rye bread rolls, split
- 4 large butter lettuce leaves
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 75g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place mince, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley and seasoning in a bowl. Combine well. Divide mixture in 4 portions and then shape into patties. Place on a large plate.
- Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium-low heat. When hot, add patties and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Place bread roll halves on a tray and toast in oven for 5 minutes.
- Place bread roll bases on serving plates. Top with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and patties. Add cheese and cranberry sauce. Add bread roll tops and serve.
Browse hundreds of high-calcium recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high calcium ingredients. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Browse hundreds of high-protein recipes. Boost your protein intake with our delicious and healthy meal ideas.
Author: Dixie Elliott -
Photographer: Mark O'Meara
First published: Jun 20122018-03-01 10:51:11
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited