Chicken and roast vege salad with lemon chilli dressing
- 6 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cooked freekeh or brown rice
- 4 cups finely sliced red cabbage
- 4 cups finely sliced baby kale or spinach
- 3 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 5 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. On a baking dish, place chicken, carrot and cauliflower and roast for 20-30 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
2 In a bowl, gently combine freekeh or rice, cabbage and kale. In a small bowl, combine pumpkin seeds, yoghurt, lemon zest and juice, tahini, garlic, soy sauce and chilli flakes.
3 When chicken and vegetables are cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Remove chicken meat from bones. Add chicken and vegetables to salad mixture and gently combine. Serve with dressing.
Make it gluten free: Use brown rice rather than freekeh and check tahini and soy sauce are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like