Roasted capsicum, feta and paprika sweet potato hummus
- 400g sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 400g can no added salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced roasted capsicums (from a jar)
- ¼ cup reduced-fat vegetarian feta, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2 Put the sweet potato/kumara chunks on the tray and drizzle with the oil. Toss well and season with freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 25–30 min until the sweet potatoes are tender and golden. Set aside to cool.
3 Put the cooled sweet potatoes, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor. Whiz with enough warm water to make a smooth mixture, then season with pepper. Sprinkle over the roasted pepper, feta and paprika and a drizzle of olive oil.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 1.6g
Dietary fibre 3.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Capsicum, peppers recipes
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.