Turmeric cauliflower rice with grilled lamb cutlets
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon rogan josh curry paste (check it’s gluten free)
- 12 lean french-trimmed lamb cutlets (around 400g)
- 600g cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric (check it’s gluten free)
- 350g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, plus extra to garnish
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 In a shallow glass or ceramic dish, combine the yoghurt and curry paste. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 min.
2 Blitz the cauliflower in a processor, in batches, until it’s reduced to coarse crumbs.
3 Heat a griddle pan or grill over a high heat, then cook the lamb for 3–4 min on each side. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 5 min.
4 Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large deep non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Sauté the onion for 3 min. Add the garlic, ginger, mustard seeds and turmeric, then cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant. Add the cauliflower ‘rice’, broccoli and capsicum with 3 tablespoons water. Cook, stirring, for 3 min or until just tender. Stir through the coriander. Serve the cutlets with the cauliflower ‘rice’, garnished with extra coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 4.6g
Dietary fibre 8.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.