Chicken and white bean stewReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 500g skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut in chunks
- 4 cups diced onion, carrots, celery and potato mix
- ½ teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 cups hot liquid salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock made with 2 teaspoons salt-reduced stock powder and 2 cups water
- ½ cup red lentils
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
1 Heat a non-stick pan with oil spray. Add chicken and cook until evenly browned.
2 Add a little more oil spray with diced vegetables and cook for a few minutes to allow flavours to develop.
3 Stir in Tuscan seasoning, pesto, stock, 1 cup of water and lentils. Bring to the boil. Stir well. Reduce heat then cover and cook for 20 minutes until chicken is tender.
4 Add beans and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley if preferred.
Serve with rice.
Make it gluten free: Check stock, Tuscan seasoning and pesto are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
Last updated date: 13 June 2019
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information