Chicken and white bean stew
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 500g skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut in chunks
- 4 cups diced onion, carrots, celery and potato mix
- ½ teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 cups hot liquid salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock made with 2 teaspoons salt-reduced stock powder and 2 cups water
- ½ cup red lentils
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
1 Heat a non-stick pan with oil spray. Add chicken and cook until evenly browned.
2 Add a little more oil spray with diced vegetables and cook for a few minutes to allow flavours to develop.
3 Stir in Tuscan seasoning, pesto, stock, 1 cup of water and lentils. Bring to the boil. Stir well. Reduce heat then cover and cook for 20 minutes until chicken is tender.
4 Add beans and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley if preferred.
Serve with rice.
Make it gluten free: Check stock, Tuscan seasoning and pesto are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
Last updated date: 13 June 2019
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us