Chicken in Creole sauce
(at time of publication)
- 1 skinless chicken breast (150g), cubed
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ green capsicum, diced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon sultanasgolden raisinsX (optional)
- 2 baked jacket potatoes (see tip)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place chicken in a microwave-proof dish, cover and cook on high for 2 minutes. Cover and set aside, to stand.
2 Place onion with garlic and oil in a microwave-proof bowl and cook on high for 1 1/2 minutes.
3 Add tomatoes and capsicum and cook on high for 2 more minutes. Stir, add mushrooms and cook on high for 1 more minute.
4 Add chilli sauce with chicken and cook for 1-1 1/2 minutes on high until the dish is hot, stirring halfway through. Stir in sultanas (if using). Serve chicken with jacket potatoes.NOTE: All timings are guidelines only, as individual microwaves will vary slightly.
Make it gluten free: Use a gluten-free brand of sweet chilli sauce.
- To cook jacket potatoes: wash and pat potato dry. Prick skin with a fork and place on a microwave-proof dish. Cook on high for 5-6 minutes. Once cooked, wrap in foil. Stand for 3 minutes before serving.
- Click here for some handy microwave tips.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.