Warm pork, eggplant and almond lettuce cups
- 1 large eggplantaubergineX, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 large courgettezucchiniX, diced
- 1½ tablespoons reduced-salt, gluten-free tamari
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
- 8 iceberg lettuce cups
- 1 large carrot, shredded or grated
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, to serve
1 Lightly spray a large wok with olive oil and heat over high heat. Add eggplant and stir-fry for 3–4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2 Reduce heat to medium-high and re-spray wok with a little more oil. Add garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add pork and stir-fry, breaking up mince with the back of a spoon, for 3–4 minutes or until browned. Add capsicum and courgette and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just tender.
3 Return eggplant to wok, along with tamari, coriander and almonds, and stir-fry until heated through. Divide lettuce cups among four serving plates, then fill with grated carrot. Top with pork mixture and serve garnished with spring onions and extra coriander leaves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13.8g
–Saturated fat 2.3g
Dietary fibre 9.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like