Chicken piccata with chickpeas and steamed greensReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons plain flourall purpose flourX
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- ¼ cup lemon juice, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 2 teaspoons baby capers, drained
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX rinsed, drained
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 200g green beans
- 2 bunches broccolini, stalks cut in half
1 Slice chicken breast horizontally to make 2 thin fillets. Dust chicken with a light coating of flour, shaking off any excess.
2 Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
3 Reduce heat to medium-low. Gently fry shallot until soft. Add garlic and gently fry until fragrant. Add wine and bring to the boil. Add stock, lemon juice and capers and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until sauce reduces.
4 Return chicken to pan and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Divide chicken among 4 plates. Add chickpeas to pan and cook, stirring, until heated through, then stir in parsley.
5 Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave greens for 1-2 minutes, or until tender. Top chicken with chickpeas and pan sauces and serve with steamed greens and lemon wedges.
- Can't find shallots? Use half a small white or brown onion.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information