Chicken potato patties with bean and avocado salad
- 3 cups mashed potato, cook then mash with ⅓ cup trim milk
- 2 cooked skinless boneless chicken breasts, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- ½ lemon, zest only
- oil spray
- 2 cups green beans, steamed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, cubed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, to dress
1 In a large bowl combine mashed potato, chicken, chives and lemon zest. Mix well until combined then use wet hands to shape into 12 palm-sized round patties.
2 Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with oil. When hot add patties and turn until both sides are golden brown.
3 Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients to make bean and avocado salad. Dress with lime juice and set aside.
4 Divide patties among 4 plates and serve with salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
Serve garnished with chopped chives and lemon zest or dress salad with a drizzle of low-fat balsamic dressing.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us