Pasta with chicken, cherry tomatoes, balsamic and capers
- 240g wholemeal or spelt pasta
- 300g green beans
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 400g skinless chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 400g can no-added-salt cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, rinsed, drained
- fresh basil leaves, to serve
- grated parmesan, to serve
1 Cook pasta according to packet instructions or until al dente, adding beans for last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
2 Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
3 Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil, garlic and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until softened. Add tomatoes, balsamic and capers and simmer for 5 minutes. Return chicken to pan and simmer for a further 2 minutes or until chicken is warmed through.
4 Add hot pasta and beans to pan, tossing to combine. Serve topped with basil, parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.6g
–Saturated fat 2.3g
Dietary fibre 11.1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like