Chicken with fruity chickpea topping
Time to make: 35 mins , plus 20 mins marinating
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 x 125g lean chicken breasts
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, puréed
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley or fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1/4 cup sultanasgolden raisinsX or dates
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 cups mixed salad greens with vinaigrette (2 parts balsamic vinegar : 1 part oil)
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Butterfly each chicken breast (see tips). Whisk half the lemon juice, all the zest, oil, chilli flakes and garlic together. Pour over chicken and leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, mix topping ingredients together with remaining lemon juice in a blender with 1/4 cup water.
3 Preheat oven to 190°C. Remove chicken from marinade then place on a baking tray. Cover each breast with topping. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salad greens.
Make it a meal! Serve with Broccoli, lentil and mushroom salad.
Step-by-step butterflying chicken breasts
Step 1 Use a sharp knife to cut down the centre of each chicken breast to a depth of three-quarters of the way through.
Step 2 Open the breast up like a book.
Step 3 Cover with plastic wrap.
Step 4 Use a rolling pin to beat and flatten out the breast to about 1cm thickness.