Chicken and vegetable laksa
- ¼ cup laksa paste
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 300ml light coconut milk
- 2 Makrut lime leaves, shredded
- 300g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 200g medium-firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 small bunch baby bok choy, cut lengthways into wedges
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, plus lime wedges, to serve
- 125g thin dried rice noodles
- 250g packet fresh kumarasweet-potatoX noodles (see tips)
- 250g packet fresh courgette noodles (see tips)
- bean sprouts, to serve
- chilli, sliced, to serve
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to serve
1 Heat a large saucepan or wok over medium-high. Add laksa paste, turmeric and ginger and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the mixture is fragrant. Add stock, coconut milk, Makrut lime leaves and ½ cup water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and gently simmer, covered, for 7–8 minutes.
2 To the pan, add chicken and tofu and simmer for 3–4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Add bok choy and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in lime juice.
3 Meanwhile, in a large heatproof bowl, place rice noodles. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes, or until softened. Drain.
4 Divide rice noodles, kumara noodles and courgette noodles among four bowls. Ladle over hot soup and top laksa with bean sprouts, sliced chilli and coriander. Serve laksa with lime wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Check laksa paste, turmeric, stock and tofu are gluten free.
You can make your own kumara and courgette noodles using a spiraliser.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us