Chinese pork mince and noodles
- 1½ tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 celery sticks, diced
- 1 small eggplantaubergineX (about 300g), diced
- 500g extra-lean pork mince
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes, plus extra, to serve
- ½ teaspoon crushed Szechuan peppercorns
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 250g green beans, sliced
- 180g dried soba noodles, (noodles rinsed prior to cooking)
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin matchsticks
1 Combine soy sauce, sugar and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Set aside.
2 Lightly spray a large wok with olive oil and set over high heat. Stir-fry celery and eggplant for 3–4 minutes, or until eggplant is golden. Add mince and stir-fry, breaking the mince up with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Add garlic, chilli, pepper and shallots, and stir-fry for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
3 Add the beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until almost tender. Add reserved sauces and stir-fry for 1 minute, or until hot.
4 Meanwhile, cook the noodles following the packet instructions. Drain. Serve bolognese on the noodles, topped with cucumber, extra shallots and chilli flakes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 5.1g
Dietary fibre 5.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.