Crumbed chicken with coleslaw and cauliflower mash
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- 500g boneless skinless chicken thighs, each cut into 5-6 pieces
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (see tip)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- spray oil
- 1 medium (800g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups prepared slaw mix (dressing excluded)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. In a bowl, whisk together yoghurt, garlic, salt, pepper and half the lemon juice. Pour 3/4 of the mixture in a large bowl. Set remaining yoghurt mix aside. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate (or longer if preparing ahead).
- In a bowl, mix panko crumbs, parsley and half of the parmesan. Dip each chicken piece in the crumb mixture to coat, and place on prepared baking tray. Discard used marinade.
- Spray chicken with a little oil. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and juices run clear when you slice through the thickest part of the chicken.
- While chicken cooks, bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain and place in a food processor. Add olive oil and remaining parmesan and lemon juice. Blitz until smooth.
- In a large salad bowl add slaw mix and reserved yoghurt mix. Toss to combine.
- To serve, divide chicken, coleslaw and mash among 4 plates and garnish with parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
Panko are a Japanese-style breadcrumb and are available at most supermarkets.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information