Spiced fish and pickled vegetable baguette
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into ribbons
- 2 small carrots, cut into ribbons
- 500g thin firm white fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon Thai chilli jamjellyX plus extra, to serve
- 350g packet Asian-style salad kit with soy sesame dressing
- 1 long sourdough baguette, cut into four sections
- 1 green oak leaf lettuce, leaves separated
- ²⁄³ cup coriandercilantroX leaves
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Combine the vinegar, sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a bowl. Stir to combine. Add the cucumber and carrot. Turn to coat. Set aside.
2 Coat fish with chilli jam. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the fish, turning, for 2 minutes on each side.
3 Meanwhile, prepare the salad following the packet directions.
4 Drain pickled vegetables. Fill baguette with lettuce, pickled vegetables, fish and coriander, and chilli jam, according to taste. Serve with Asian-style salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14.0g
–Saturated fat 2.4g
Dietary fibre 10.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.