Egg roll with spring onionReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- pinch of dashi powder or salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 serves Seasonal salad with sesame seed dressing
1 Crack eggs into a bowl and lightly beat. Add soy sauce, mirin, spring onions and dashi. Mix well.
2 Place a small non-stick fry pan over a medium heat and add oil. Pour one-third of egg mixture into frying pan and spread around. Use chopsticks to stir gently as egg cooks.
3 When egg is about 80 per cent cooked, slide chopsticks or a spatula under it and fold in 1-2cm at one end. Keep folding in the same way until egg is in a roll.
4 Push egg roll to the far end of the pan and add another third of egg mixture to pan (make sure new egg mixture is touching the rolled egg). As before, wait until the egg is 80 per cent cooked then start rolling the egg roll over the new flat mixture to make the roll even larger.
5 Push egg roll to far end of pan, add rest of egg mixture and cook as above until you have one large egg roll.
6 Slide egg roll onto a chopping board and slice to serve. Serve with seasonal salad.
- Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce and dashi are gluten free. Check mayonnaise, soy sauce and dashi in salad are gluten free.
- Make it FODMAP-friendly: Use green part of spring onion only and remove the cauliflower from the seasonal salad..
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information