Seasonal salad with sesame seed dressing
(at time of publication)
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets, blanched and refreshed in cold water
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, blanched and refreshed in cold water
- 2 cups green beans, blanched and refreshed in cold water, sliced
- ¼ telegraph cucumber, sliced
- handful of watercress
- 2 tablespoons walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons Japanese mayonnaise or light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon no-added-salt, no-added-sugar peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch of dashi powder or salt
1 Arrange salad ingredients on a large plate.
2 To make dressing, grind sesame seeds with a mortar and pestle or spice grinder. Transfer to a bowl and mix with rest of dressing ingredients. Serve dressing with salad.
Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise, soy sauce and dashi are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us