Seasonal salad with sesame seed dressing
(at time of publication)
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets, blanched and refreshed in cold water
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, blanched and refreshed in cold water
- 2 cups green beans, blanched and refreshed in cold water, sliced
- ¼ telegraph cucumber, sliced
- handful of watercress
- 2 tablespoons walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons Japanese mayonnaise or light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon no-added-salt, no-added-sugar peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch of dashi powder or salt
1 Arrange salad ingredients on a large plate.
2 To make dressing, grind sesame seeds with a mortar and pestle or spice grinder. Transfer to a bowl and mix with rest of dressing ingredients. Serve dressing with salad.
Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise, soy sauce and dashi are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.