Golden Sunrise crumble
(at time of publication)
- 4 apples, (such as Granny Smiths), peeled, cored and roughly chopped in cubes
- 4 feijoas, flesh
- 3 tablespoons golden sultanasgolden raisinsX (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 sachets porridgeoatmeal, cookedX
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 2 tablespoons coconut threads
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
1 Combine apples, feijoas, sultanas (if using), cinnamon and water in a pot. Cover and cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes, until tender.
2 To make topping, combine flour and oats in a bowl. Rub in spread. Add coconut, almonds (if using) and honey. Mix well to combine.
3 Place fruit mixture into 4 individual ramekins. Top with crumble mix. Bake at 180°C for 10-15 minutes, until topping is golden.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
Frozen berries will also work well in this recipe.
Use in-season fruits to keep the cost of this crumble down.
Remember, a dish like this is an occassional treat,rather than an everyday meal.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us