Ham and chargrilled vegetable couscous
(at time of publication)
- ¾ cup couscous
- ¾ cup no-added-salt vegetable stock
- 1 cup chargrilled vegetables such as ¼ red onion, ½ red capsicum, ½ yellow capsicum
- ½ x 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, rinsed and drained
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 50g lean honey roast ham, diced
- ¼ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX, chopped
- ¼ cup dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (made with 1 part olive oil to 2 parts balsamic vinegar)
1 Chargrill vegetables under a preheated grill for about 10 minutes until skins are charred. Cool before preparing for salad.
2 Place couscous in a bowl and add hot vegetable stock. Cover with a lid and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
3 After 10 minutes, fluff with a fork, then add chopped vegetables, chickpeas, onion, ham and dried fruit. Mix well. Add vinaigrette. Spoon mixture into a sealed container and keep chilled until eating.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free couscous and check stock and ham are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us