Hansel and Gretel trail mix
- 30 raw almonds
- 30 raw cashew nuts
- 10 teaspoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 10 teaspoon raisins
- 10 tablespoons Special K Original cereal
- 10 teaspoons desiccated coconut
- 10 small paper or plastic bags
1 Decorate each plastic bag with pumpkin faces, bats or skulls. Alternatively write something along the lines of ‘Inside: bugs, mud, scabs and dandruff!’
2 Into each bag, place 3 almonds, 3 cashew nuts, 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds, 1 teaspoon raisins, 1 tablespoon Special K, 1 teaspoon desiccated coconut.
3 Seal each bag with a piece of ribbon and hand out at the door.
- You can add 1-2 dark chocolate chips, cacao nibs or carob bits to each bag.
- Corn flakes and All-Bran flakes work well as substitutes for Special K.
- Instead of bags, try sheer plastic disposable gloves.
This treat can be made days in advance.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Snacks and Light Meals