Hansel and Gretel trail mixReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 30 raw almonds
- 30 raw cashew nuts
- 10 teaspoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 10 teaspoon raisins
- 10 tablespoons Special K Original cereal
- 10 teaspoons desiccated coconut
- 10 small paper or plastic bags
1 Decorate each plastic bag with pumpkin faces, bats or skulls. Alternatively write something along the lines of ‘Inside: bugs, mud, scabs and dandruff!’
2 Into each bag, place 3 almonds, 3 cashew nuts, 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds, 1 teaspoon raisins, 1 tablespoon Special K, 1 teaspoon desiccated coconut.
3 Seal each bag with a piece of ribbon and hand out at the door.
- You can add 1-2 dark chocolate chips, cacao nibs or carob bits to each bag.
- Corn flakes and All-Bran flakes work well as substitutes for Special K.
- Instead of bags, try sheer plastic disposable gloves.
This treat can be made days in advance.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information