(at time of publication)
- 2 cups chopped spinach or silver beet leaves
- 2 bananas
- 4 small strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 6 tablespoons apple juice
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 10 ice cubes
1 Thoroughly wash spinach or silver beet. If using silver beet, remove stalks.
2 Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
3 Serve immediately in chilled glasses or jars.
- For a thinner smoothie, add a couple of tablespoons of water.
- If your blender isn’t the strongest, chop up the banana and strawberries first.
- If you use larger strawberries, don’t panic if your smoothie turns slightly brown, it’s still good for you!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 1g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us