Vegan mushroom, pea and coconut korma
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 3/4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat coconut milk
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/3 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, to serve
1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, then fry the onion and garlic for 5–8 min until softened. Add the cumin and mustard seeds, then fry for 30 sec or until they begin to pop. Add the spices and fenugreek leaves and stir to combine.
2 Add the mushrooms, coconut milk, 1/2 cup water and the tinned and fresh tomatoes to the pan, then bring to a gentle boil, stirring. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 min or until the mushrooms are soft and the sauce thickened.
3 Add the broccoli and peas to the curry and cook for 10 min more. Remove from the heat, stir through the almonds, then serve with the brown rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 35.4g
–Saturated fat 11g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like