Kumara, capsicum and wild rice salad with orange dressingReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 500g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, diced in 1.5cm cubes
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded, diced in 2cm pieces
- 1 yellow capsicum, deseeded, diced in 2cm pieces
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free ground cumin, plus extra
- ½ teaspoon
- spray oil
- ¾ cup (150g) wild rice
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 120g haloumi cheese, cut in 1cm-thick slices
- Orange dressing
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place kumara and capsicums on prepared tray. Sprinkle vegetables with first measure of cumin and spray with oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Cook wild rice following packet directions (for about 35 minutes) until just tender. Drain rice well. Leave to cool.
- Place roasted vegetables, cooled rice, celery, sunflower seeds and parsley in a large bowl.
- To make orange dressing, whisk oil, orange juice, vinegar and extra cumin in a small bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. Cook haloumi for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Tear in rough pieces.
- Divide salad among serving plates. Top with pieces of warm haloumi and serve immediately.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information