Campfire huevos rancheros
- spray oil
- 4 corn sweetcornXtortillas
- 1 can no-added-salt kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and mashed
- ½ cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 50g chipotle peppersbell peppersX in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- ¾ cup reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- 4 eggs
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC or barbecue on high heat with lid down, and line 4 shallow bowls with a double layer of tin foil (approximately 30cm x 40cm). Spray lightly with cooking oil and place 1 tortilla on each.
2 In a large bowl, place beans, corn, capsicum, pepper, oregano, tinned tomato, chipotle and cheese and combine well. Divide the mixture among 4 tortillas. Make a small well in the centre and carefully crack one egg onto each. Fold tin foil over to seal contents (taking care not to pierce the egg yolk).
3 Place into oven or barbecue and close lid, cooking for approximately 20 minutes or until egg is cooked to your liking.
4 In a serving bowl, combine fresh tomato, onion, avocado and coriander. Serve huevos packets topped with tomato salsa and black pepper.
Make it gluten free: Check tortillas and peppers in adobo sauce are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Replace cheddar cheese with vegan cheddar alternative. Omit eggs and check tortillas are vegan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 18g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.