Campfire huevos rancheros
- spray oil
- 4 corn sweetcornXtortillas
- 1 can no-added-salt kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and mashed
- ½ cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and finely sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 50g chipotle peppersbell peppersX in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- ¾ cup reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- 4 eggs
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC or barbecue on high heat with lid down, and line 4 shallow bowls with a double layer of tin foil (approximately 30cm x 40cm). Spray lightly with cooking oil and place 1 tortilla on each.
2 In a large bowl, place beans, corn, capsicum, pepper, oregano, tinned tomato, chipotle and cheese and combine well. Divide the mixture among 4 tortillas. Make a small well in the centre and carefully crack one egg onto each. Fold tin foil over to seal contents (taking care not to pierce the egg yolk).
3 Place into oven or barbecue and close lid, cooking for approximately 20 minutes or until egg is cooked to your liking.
4 In a serving bowl, combine fresh tomato, onion, avocado and coriander. Serve huevos packets topped with tomato salsa and black pepper.
Make it gluten free: Check tortillas and peppers in adobo sauce are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Replace cheddar cheese with vegan cheddar alternative. Omit eggs and check tortillas are vegan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 18g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us