Kumara, courgette and herb frittata
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 300g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 eggs
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 large courgette, trimmed, grated
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 200g steamed green beans, to serve
- 200g steamed snow peas or peas, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 20cm round baking tin with oil and line the base with baking paper.
2 Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add kumara and cook, stirring, for 3 more minutes, or until they are softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 more seconds.
3 Whisk eggs, ricotta and parmesan together in a large mixing bowl. Add kumara mixture, courgette, tomatoes, mint and basil. Season with freshly ground black pepper and stir to combine.
4 Pour mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set, puffed and golden. Remove frittata from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from tin and cut ito quarters. Serve frittata with steamed greens.
Make leftovers into lunch! Cut leftover frittata into chunks and toss with chopped canned baby beetroot, mixed salad greens and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information