Butter chicken pot pies
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter chicken curry paste
- 1 cup no-added-salt tomato purée
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 cup baby frozen peas
- 1 medium courgette, diced
- ¼ cup reduced-fat cream for cooking
- 1 sheet reduced-fat puff pastry, slightly thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 250g steamed green beans, to serve
1 Heat half of the olive oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes, or until browned. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
2 Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium heat. Cook onion and carrot, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the tomato purée and stock, and return the chicken to pan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Add peas, courgette and the cream; simmer mixture for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender.
3 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray four 250ml (1–cup) capacity ovenproof baking dishes with oil. Divide the chicken filling between prepared dishes. Cut four rounds of pastry to fit the ramekins. Place pastry on top of filling, brush with beaten egg. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed. Serve with steamed greens.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15.6g
–Saturated fat 5.8g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.