Lamb with sage and kumara mash
(at time of publication)
- 700g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, chopped
- ¼ cup liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- 4 x 150g lamb cutlets or loin chops, fat trimmed
- oil spray
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat spread
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh sage
- 6 cups steamed carrots, sugar snap peas and green beans
- Cook kumara in a pot of boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add stock and mash kumara until smooth.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Spray lamb cutlets with oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Add to pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare or cook to your liking. Place on a warm plate, cover with tinfoil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add spread to pan and heat until melted. Add sage and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Drizzle over lamb. Serve with mash and vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us