Lemon thyme chicken with Mediterranean risoni
(at time of publication)
- 6-8 skinless, boneless free-range chicken thighs (500g)
- 2 lemons, finely grated zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- oil spray, to grease
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ cups risoni or orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12-14 halves sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons capers, drained, rinsed
- 10-12 kalamata olives, de stonepitXd, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 Marinate chicken thighs in lemon zest, half the juice, thyme, the first measure of oil and garlic for at least 15 minutes (ideally, for 1 hour or overnight). Spray a pan with oil. Add chicken and cook each side for about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Add cherry tomatoes to pan and cook for a few minutes.
2 Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain well and mix through the second measure of oil, cooked cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, capers and olives. Add a little lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir through parsley just before serving.
3 To serve, spoon pasta onto a plate and top with 1-2 chicken thighs.
Serve with a side salad of your choice or a simple salad of rocket, sliced pear and thin shavings of parmesan cheese, dressed with a splash of white balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us