Lemon thyme chicken with Mediterranean risoni
- 6-8 skinless boneless chicken thighs (500g)
- 2 lemons, finely grated zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- spray oil, to grease
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ cups risoni or orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12-14 halves sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons capers, drained, rinsed
- 10-12 kalamata olives, de stonepitXd, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 Marinate chicken thighs in lemon zest, half the juice, thyme, the first measure of oil and garlic for at least 15 minutes (ideally, for 1 hour or overnight). Spray a pan with oil. Add chicken and cook each side for about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Add cherry tomatoes to pan and cook for a few minutes.
2 Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain well and mix through the second measure of oil, cooked cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, capers and olives. Add a little lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir through parsley just before serving.
3 To serve, spoon pasta onto a plate and top with 1-2 chicken thighs.
Serve with a side salad of your choice or a simple salad of rocket, sliced pear and thin shavings of parmesan cheese, dressed with a splash of white balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like