Low-FODMAP Thai-style chicken curry
(at time of publication)
- 2 large red or green chillies, deseeded, roughly chopped
- 3 stalks lemongrass, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 bunch spring onion green tips only, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 540g skinless boneless chicken breasts cut in bite-sized pieces
- 5 cups broccoli florets (1 large head)
- 300ml Low-FODMAP slow-cooker chicken stock
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 cups frozen or fresh sliced green beans
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 To make curry paste, pound or process chillies, lemongrass, ginger, coriander, turmeric and spring onion greens with half the oil until a paste forms.
2 Heat remaining oil in a pan then add curry paste and cook gently for 3-4 minutes. Add chicken, cooking until it has sealed all over. Add broccoli and stock then cover and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
3 Cook rice following packet directions. Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients to curry. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
4 Serve curry with cooked rice.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and fish sauce are gluten free and use gluten-free soy sauce.
This recipe is suitable for people on a low-FODMAP diet, based on Monash University published tolerance levels as at October 2014.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Low FODMAP recipes for IBS
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.